Summer means berries: straw / blue / rasp...berries and mint of course!
This Mocktail is best served in a glass tumbler or mug, so there is room for all the fruit and you the colours look just as delicious as they taste.
- 1cm thick slice of cucumber
- 1 sprig mint
- A few frozen red berries
- 120ml clear, sparkling lemonade
- Ice cubes
- Extra fresh berries, citrus fruits or mint to garnish / flavour to suit your preference
Chop the cucumber and mint sprig into small pieces. Bring 200ml water to the boil in a small pan and then add the mint and cucumber. Turn off the heat and leave for 2 mins. Add a small handful of frozen berries, let them defrost for a minute, then crush them lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Strain the mixture & discard the residue. You can keep this in the fridge for up to 24 hours and will be enough to make four drinks. Or if you can make a larger batch and freeze it into ice cubes and use throughout summer
Pour 40ml of your strained mixture into a tall glass. Add a handful of ice and top up with 120ml lemonade
- Garnish with whatever chopped fruit you like or fresh berries and mint leaves if you have them. Stir gently to combine.
Tweak this Mocktail
- Use Pink Lemonade for something a bit sweeter and colour match by adding in blue berries or maybe even some cherry pieces
- Like it a bit sour, use a real Lemonade that is not sweet & use the frozen flavoured ice cubes from making up a big batch. Then garnish to suit with fresh citrus and mint